Penton Hook Marina Berth Holder News
We’d like to start off by saying a massive thank you to all our berth holders for keeping your boat with us this year. It’s been a year of change, a number of new faces and new berth holders.
With 2023 providing plenty of blue skies and fabulous warm weather throughout the summer and 9th September recorded the hottest day of 2023, showing a high of 33.2 degrees Celsius (91.8 degrees Fahrenheit), here at Penton Hook we’ve proudly accommodated every berthing request received, providing over 1,049 visitor berthing nights during 2023.
As the daylight hours shorten and the year draws to a close, the team has now commenced our winter maintenance programme to prepare the marina for next season. Ahead of that, we thought we’d take the opportunity to look back over some of the activities that have been taking place here at Penton Hook during 2023.
- The trolley of treats made a welcome return (the bank holiday cool bags seemed particularly popular) and will be back again doing its rounds on the pontoons throughout 2024.
- King Charles’ Coronation saw the office full of cupcakes and treats for those visiting the office.
- In tandem with the amazing weather, the customer BBQ area had many bookings through the summer, and it was a pleasure to see some of you making use of this area during those sunny summer evenings.
- The Dunkirk little ships attended the marina for the third year and saw veterans from many conflicts enjoy their time on a beautiful sunny day and many refreshments in the yacht club.
- The new marina tender arrived and is being prepared for the 2024/25 season.
- New pontoon numbers and boat plaques are being rolled out across the site.
With a full complement of team members, we now have the capacity to do more for you and we’re planning the events calendar for the 2024/25 season, which we’ll send you at the start of the season.
If you’re visiting the marina during December, be sure to pop into the marina office and enjoy a festive treat with the team as we bid Bon Voyage to 2023.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your continued support. You can rest assured the team will be here looking after your boat, protecting your asset while preparing for a fantastic 2024. We look forward to another great season ahead!
Penton Hook Marina Team