As an MDL berth holder, we hope that you enjoy the benefits that MDL offers, with access to a network of 150 stunning marinas in some of the best locations in the UK, France and Spain. Why not refer a friend to MDL and both enjoy the benefits? You’ll each be rewarded with up to 550 points when they berth with us annually. You can refer as many friends as you like, and they can even join at one of our other marinas and you’ll both still earn points. Read our terms and conditions below to find out how many points you could earn.
How it works
Sign into your MyMDL account to start earning and giving up to 550 points!
It’s quick and easy! Click on ‘Refer your Friends’ and share a few details
When they join you’ll both receive your points to spend on any of our services!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When will I receive my points?
A. Your points will be added to your MyMDL account 30 days after your friend has made a purchase.
Q. Where can I spend my points?
A. You can spend your points on any MDL service in line with current Otium terms and conditions.
Q. What happens if someone that I introduce then goes on to introduce someone himself, do I get anything then?
A. No; unless you directly introduce someone you don't benefit.
Q. Do I have any responsibility for friends that cannot pay for their berthing for any reason?
A. Definitely not – once you have successfully introduced someone and they have become an annual berth holder, then any credit risk is ours.
Q. Do I still get my reward if my friend cancels?
A. If your friend cancels their contract or fails to pay for their berthing fees within the first 30 days, then neither of you will receive the points.
Q. Will my friend still get 5% back in points on berthing fees when they join?
Q. How will the points work for Freedom Berthing members?
A. If you’re a Freedom Berthing member, we’ll convert the points to pounds and add as a credit on your account to use against your berth renewal, at the point of renewal.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions govern the offer.
- 1. You must be a current MDL annual berth holder to become a ‘Referrer’.
- 2. 'Friends' are new members to MDL Marinas and/or old members – either of whom must not have held a berthing contract with MDL Marinas in the last 12 months.
- 3. There is no limit to the number of introductions that can be made. However, when you introduce a ‘Friend’, you warrant that your friend is happy to be referred by you.
- 4. For every friend you refer who becomes an annual berth holder (Berthing Plus Otium member), you and the friend will each receive Otium Rewards points. These will be allocated dependent upon the length of your ‘Friends’ boat as detailed in the table below:
|‘Friends’ Boat length ||‘Referrer’ Reward ||‘Friends’ Reward ||Total Points |
|Up to 8m ||75 points ||75 points ||150 points |
|8.1 to 10m ||150 points ||150 points ||300 points |
|10.1 to 12.5m ||250 points ||250 points ||500 points |
|12.6 to 14m ||350 points ||350 points ||700 points |
|14.1 to 18m ||450 points ||450 points ||900 points |
|18.1m+ ||550 points ||550 points ||1100 points |
Each point is worth a £1 discount against any MDL product or service.
- 5. You and your ‘Friend’ will receive the same value in points when your ‘Friend’ becomes a Berthing Plus Otium member. The points will be added to your MyMDL account 30 days after your friend has made a purchase and must be redeemed in line with the current Otium terms and conditions.
- 6. You must be a continuing MDL member yourself at all times in order to redeem your points.
- 7. The scheme is only available online through MyMDL and all referrals must be made through the website in advance of a purchase being made.
- 8. The offer is only open to leisure boats used for private and pleasure purposes.
- 9. Only one person can introduce a particular 'Friend'. In the event of any competing claims or conflict as to who has introduced a ‘Friend” we will take the first proven point of introduction as we see it and our decision in the matter must be accepted as final.
- 10. This offer cannot be used with any other promotions and will not apply to any existing suspended account or ownership transfers already notified to us and in process.
- 11. This offer will not be extended to any introduction of monthly customers, trailer/sailor, jet ski or swing mooring contracts. The scheme applies only to introductions that lead to a genuine new (to MDL) member and vessel coming via a Berthing Plus Otium contract (pontoon or dry stack).
- 12. Berth holders who are in arrears or in dispute with MDL Marinas will not qualify for this offer.
- 13. MDL existing Terms and Conditions also apply, including those of Berthing Plus Otium membership which can be found on the MDL website and in your annual contract.
- 14. This offer is subject to berth availability and MDL Marinas has the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time without prior notice.
The MDL Refer a Friend offer is being promoted by MDL Marinas having its registered office at The Yacht Club, 1 Channel Way, Ocean Village, Southampton, Hampshire SO14 3QF.
Login to MyMDL and refer your friend today