As Europe’s leading marina group we take training and development seriously. We encourage all our managers to take the Marina Institute’s Certificated Marina Manager qualification and aim to nurture the skills and abilities of every member of our 260-plus team. And our commitment pays off - both in the loyalty of our staff and in the number of customers who come back to us time and again. We can’t promise that we’ve a position available but it’s still worth getting in touch. Rest assured that if you do join us, you can look forward to being part of an exciting future.
It is company policy to employ the best qualified personnel and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of their sex, race, pregnancy, disability, marital or family status, age, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or trades union membership.
Yard Supervisor - Penton Hook Marina
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join the Penton Hook team. If you are customer focused and have a can do attitude then we would like to hear from you.
The role will involve:
- As Yard Supervisor you will have the day to day responsibility to ensure that all yard movements are carried out within the recognised code of practice and the company’s health and safety policies. Knowledge of boat lifting is essential with a minimum of 12 months craning and preferable yard operations experience within MDL.
- Responsible for the routine maintenance of the site’s plant and any related defects.
- To develop the marine service operation into the premium product.
- The day to day hands on supervision of the lifting operation and team.
- Take a proactive role in the promotion of all services and facilities.
- Develop a close working relationship with all tenants and customers.
This is a full time position.
- An ability to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- Good practical boating skills and plant knowledge.
- Self motivated and able to motivate others.
- Ability to swim.
- Innovative in your approach to problem solving.
- Enthusiastic with a flexible work ethic.
Full training and safety equipment will be provided.
To apply for this position, please send your application to:
Andy Smith – Assistant Manager
MDL Penton Hook Marina
Mark all correspondence Private and Confidential