Alongside the standard Forklift training as detailed in ACOP L117 we can train in the use of specific attachments for use in the marine and industrial sectors.
The course consists of practical and theory instruction covering items such as:
- The legalities, requirements and risks involved
- Understanding of planning correct lifting operations and legal requirements.
- Lift truck stability and safety
- Operators safety code
- Pre shift checks, routine maintenance and start up procedures
- Machine components and motions
- Safe and efficient operation of the machine laden and unladen
- Variable reach stacking and de-stacking
- Off road procedures
- Correctly and safely set the machine up to use its full working range for optimum and efficient use.
- Correct selection and use of gears and steering modes
- Correct and safe use of attachments
- Emergency drills
- Safe shut down procedures
Courses run between 1 and 5 days, experience dependant.
Training can be carried out at one of our appropriate sites around the UK (with prior approval) or at a suitable location supplied by you (conditions apply).
Dependant on course length and location and number of candidates.
MDL Training supplied certificate or ITSSAR accreditation.