Rules of the Louis Vuitton America's Cup
- A three year racing program from 2015 to 2017 with every race counting towards qualification and/or points in the final America’s Cup Match
- At least six America’s Cup World Series events per year in 2015 and 2016 raced in the AC45 class. All teams have an opportunity to host an event in their home country
- An America’s Cup Qualifiers series in 2017 involving all teams, with a bonus point in the America’s Cup Match at stake
- America’s Cup Challenger Playoffs for the top four challenger teams to emerge from the Qualifiers
- The America’s Cup Match, featuring the defender, ORACLE TEAM USA against the top challenger. The first team to win 7 points will win the America’s Cup
- Up to two Youth America’s Cup events providing a pathway for young sailors to join the top rank of professionals
- The new AC62 yacht – a foiling, wing sail catamaran sailed by 8 crew – to be raced in all events in 2017
- A crew nationality rule requiring at least 25% of the AC62 crew to be nationals of the country of their challenge.
To view the Protocol for the 35th America’s Cup in full click here.