Can be tailored to fit job related tasks and environments.
The course consists of practical and theory instruction covering items such as:
- The legalities, industry requirements and the operational risks involve
- Awareness session on the standards for safe use of cranes and their applications
- Understanding of planning correct lifting operations and legal requirements.
- Machine terms, components, controls and motions
- Pre shift checks, routine maintenance and start up procedures.
- Strength and stability envelopes
- Correct and safe configuring of the machine for optimum use
- Safe and efficient operation and in service checks
- Lifting, transporting and lowering of loads over varying heights and distances
- Communication methods
- Conditions affecting operation and adjusting accordingly
- Environmental effects on the machine and loads
- Documents, charts and their usage
- End of work and shut down procedures
Courses run between 1 and 10 days, experience dependant.
Training can be carried out at one of our appropriate sites around the UK (with prior approval) or at a suitable location supplied by you (conditions apply).
Dependant on course length and location and number of candidates.
MDL Training supplied certificate or ITSSAR accreditation.