Slinger / Signaller
Tailored to your site and job related tasks as well as the industry basics.
The course consists of practical and theory instruction covering items such as:
- The legalities, requirements and risks involved in lifting and slinging operations
- Understanding of planning correct lifting operations, British standards and job roles
- Theory session outlining equipment construction, dynamic stresses, slinging principles and weight calculating and estimating
- How to correctly select and inspect lifting accessories including pre use checks and Thorough Examination schedules and criteria
- Communication methods, signalling and controlling equipment and load movement
- Correctly and safely sling, lift, transfer and deposit various loads (dependant on site)
- Environmental effects on the equipment and loads
- After use/ post lift checks and procedures.
Courses run 1-2 days, experience dependant.
Training can be carried out at one of our appropriate sites around the UK (with prior approval) or at a suitable location supplied by you (conditions apply).
Dependant on course length and location and number of candidates